Saturday, August 16, 2014

[Unit Overview] Polynomials

This is very old and thus is going to be mostly pictures since I already have them updated :)

Finding the Degree and Naming Polynomials:


We actually filled this in as much as we could and discussed why we couldn't really have a constant trinomial...

Adding and Subtracting Polynomials:  I wrote up some notes and passed around papers to groups so that they could put what they wanted into their notebooks.  There were also some practice problems and answers.






Then here is what my notebook pages looked like:


Multiplying Polynomials:  I demonstrated two methods for them to choose from.

This is my go-to style for practice problems


Factoring Polynomials:  We defined factor of a trinomial and did a few examples.  Prior to the examples we completed an exploration activity with multiplying polynomials finding b and c and then making observations.  I've done it twice now and it's pretty structured, but I think it's better than me just stating the pattern for them.


Well, that's my quick post that should have been completed in March or April :)  Enjoy!
-Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment