Of the three students, one student missed a day and has not returned.
Another student missed a day, but came they next and I allowed him to continue (Is this bad of me?...probably in some ways...)
The other student has been early everyday, gotten all take-home assignments completed, and even taken time to pick up one of the other students.
Things I like:
- Few students means I can really meet their needs without excessive commitment on their part
- I told them day 1 that summer Mrs. Freed was not as organized or well-planned as school Mrs. Freed and they would have to be patient with me
- They are learning
- I am making them responsible for their learning
- We are working on growth mindset (but they don't know it)
Things I don't like:
- I feel guilty when they don't show up
- I did not stick to what I said about missing
- Sometimes getting them willing to WORK at what they are learning is a really big challenge for me and I get frustrated (it is awesome when the still do though)
- I have really had to analyze everything and choose THE MOST IMPORTANT and THE MOST DOABLE in our short amount of time. Paring down when I already felt like I pared down the curriculum was challenging and I didn't really like it.
I don't know if I would offer this again. I would have be decide after I have finished.